Simple Staining Procedure and its Mechanism
- Simple staining is a method of staining in which bacteria are stained by using a single stain.
- Simple staining is also called as monochrome staining or positive staining.
- Examples of simple stain are Methylene blue, Safranin, Malachite green, Basic fuchsin and crystal violet etc.
- In simple staining procedure cell are uniformly stained.
Please check out the below given video on Simple Staining procedure and mechanism
Procedure of simple staining
- A clean grease free slide is taken .A grease free slide is is made by first washing the slide with detergent wiping the excess water and the slide is passed through flame.
- On these grease free slide smear is made by using a sterile wireloop and cell suspension.
- These slide is allowed to air dry .
- After air drying these slide is rapidly passed through a flame for three to four times for heat fixation.
- After heat fixation the slide is placed on the staining rack and flooded with a particular stain and these stain is allowed to react for three minutes.
- Futher the slide is washed under running water.
- The slide is air dried and washed under oil immersion.