Capsule Staining Technique by Maneval’s Method.
Maneval’s staining method is a negative staining method.
To stain a capsule of a cell by Maneval’s staining method.
- 1 % Congo red solution.
- Maneval’s stain.
- Capsulated cell culture.
Please watch the Video given Below
- Take a loopful of capsulated cell suspension on a clean grease free slide.
- Add a drop of 1 % congo red solution in the suspension and then spread it gently on the slide to form a smear.
- Allow the suspension to air dry and do not heat fix it.
- Flood the slid with Maneval’s stain and keep it for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes discard excess stain and do not water wash the slide.
- Allow the slide to air dry and observe under oil immersion objective.