Diseases and its Types in Microbiology
- The disease is an abnormal condition an uneasy state of the body.
- The human body is constantly exposed to micro-organism sometime these micro-organisms are so active that they enter the host body, multiply and result in a disease.
- Diseases are mainly of four types as shown below.
- In an epidemic, an infectious disease spreads rapidly and a large population is affected
- The outbreak of disease is above the expected level.
- Epidemic disease is of two types as shown below.
2. Endemic disease
- Endemic disease is a disease that occur at regular interval but at low frequencies.
- It constantly occur in some area but with low incidences
- Examples:- Fever, Cough, Common cold.
3. Pandemic disease
- Pandemic disease is a wide spread disease.
- It spread in large population in short period of time.
- These disease are mainly air born disease
- Example:- Influenza
4. Sporadic disease
- Sporadic disease occur occasionally with specific interval of time.
- In sporadic disease virulence of organism is low and population resistance is high.
- Example:- Small pox.